Clermont Truck Accident Lawyer
Trucks are an important part of Clermont’s economy, but they also pose many dangers to other motorists on the road. It is easy to assume that truck accidents are no different than other motor vehicle accidents, but that is not true. Truck accidents often involve multiple liable parties, and the injuries are usually much more serious. Determining who is at fault and recovering the full settlement you need to fully cover the cost of your injuries is difficult. A Clermont truck accident lawyer can advise on the facts of your case and help you recover the maximum damages you are entitled to.
Types of Trucks Involved in Crashes
When many people imagine a truck accident, they automatically think of tractor-trailers, also known as big rigs or semi trucks. These vehicles are involved in their fair share of crashes, but there are other types of trucks that cause very serious injuries, as well. These trucks are as follows:
- Dump trucks
- Rental trucks
- Heavy trucks
- Tanker trucks
- Cement trucks
- Garbage trucks
- Mack trucks
- Flatbed trucks
The facts surrounding any truck accident case are always going to be very unique. It is important to work with a Clermont truck accidents lawyer who understands how to identify the potentially liable parties, and how to hold them accountable for paying full damages.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Clermont
One of the first and most important steps when filing a truck accident claim in Clermont is to determine what caused the crash. This can indicate which party to hold liable for paying the financial compensation you deserve. Some of the most common causes of truck accidents in the city, and throughout Florida, include:
- Operating a truck with serious medical conditions that could cause a medical event, such as a seizure or heart attack
- Failing to have the appropriate commercial driver’s license, or failing to have an endorsement for operating a truck
- Aggressive driving, which could including speeding, tailgating, and dangerous lane changes
- Not completing pre-trip inspections properly
- Violating the rules set out by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Drowsy driving due to a violation of the hours of service rule
- Driving while impaired by drugs, alcohol, or medications
- Distracted driving, which can include texting and driving, eating, drinking, and operating the controls within the truck
The laws that govern truck accidents are not always the same as those that govern car accidents. A Clermont truck accident lawyer will understand what those laws are, and how they apply to your case.
Our Truck Accidents Lawyer in Clermont Can Advise You of Your Legal Options
The aftermath of a truck accident is chaotic. You may not know what steps to take or what to do next. At Goldman Law, P.A., our Clermont truck accidents lawyer will handle every aspect of your claim so you can focus on your own recovery. Call us today at 407-960-1900 or fill out our online form to request a free consultation and to learn more about how we can help with your case.