Altamonte Springs Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle crashes are, unfortunately, extremely common. Moreover, motorcycle accidents are much more dangerous than typical traffic accidents. Statistics indicate that motorcycle riders are 28 times more likely to die in an accident than are passenger car drivers. Motorcyclists are directly exposed to any hazards or dangerous behavior on Florida roadways, without the protective shell that an automobile provides. That does not mean than an injured biker has any less right to recover for the harm they suffer as a result of someone else’s negligence.
If you were hurt while riding a motorcycle, or if you were injured in an accident involving a motorcycle in Altamonte Springs or throughout Central Florida, the dedicated motorcycle crash attorney at Goldman Law, P.A., can help you recover for your damages. With more than a decade of personal injury litigation experience, Goldman Law, P.A. is more than ready to take on your motorcycle accident claims. We have recovered millions for personal injury clients throughout Florida. Call our Altamonte Springs motorcycle accident lawyer for a free consultation after your Florida motorcycle crash, and find out what we can do for you.
Recovering Damages After Your Motorcycle Accident
Motorcycle accidents are treated differently than typical traffic accidents under Florida’s law and insurance system. Motorcycles are, oddly, not considered “motor vehicles,” and they are excluded from personal injury protection (PIP) under most insurance policies. Regardless, you might still be able to recover under an automobile, motorcycle, or health insurance policy. Florida personal injury lawyer Sarah Goldman Geise has represented insurance companies as well as injured plaintiffs; she understands the complicated ins and outs of Florida’s personal injury insurance scheme, and she knows how to give you the best chance of a full recovery. She knows how insurance companies and defense attorneys think, and she is prepared to bring that knowledge to bear in representing your interests.
If someone else’s negligence caused your accident, you have the right to recover for your damages. Goldman Law, P.A. will build your case and work to maximize your recovery, investigating your case, negotiating your claims with defense attorneys and insurance lawyers, and fighting your battles in court where necessary. We will take your case as far as it needs to go, whether that means securing you a favorable settlement or going all the way to trial and beyond.
What Leads to Florida Motorcycle Crashes?
Motorcycle crashes can result from a variety of factors, many of which are common to all traffic accidents, but some of which are specific to motorcycle riding. If you were a motorcycle rider and your crash was caused by a negligent driver, pedestrian, or another biker, or if you were involved in an accident with a negligent biker, you are entitled to recover for any damages caused to you or your loved ones. Below, we outline some of the most common causes of accidents involving motorcycles.
- Failure to check blind spots. Drivers who do not actively and regularly check their blind spots are likely to miss a motorcycle nearby. The driver may make an unexpected lane switch or turn, causing a collision with a biker.
- Dangerous and aggressive driving maneuvers. Bikers love to get around traffic jams by darting in between stopped or slow cars, a tactic known as “lane splitting” or “white lining.” Lane splitting is not technically legal in Florida, and it can be a dangerous move.
- Drunk drivers. Motorcycle riders are much more directly exposed to errors made by other drivers. If another driver swerves in front of a biker or does not see the biker in their blind spot, the biker is likely the one to suffer most. Additionally, drunk driving is an all-too-common practice among all drivers, including among motorcycle riders; intoxicated bikers are much more likely to make an injurious or fatal error.
- Inexperience. Bikers who only recently obtained their licenses are more likely to get in a single or multiple-vehicle crash. Motorcycle riding requires more skill and more split-second decision-making than driving a typical passenger car, and it is much more dangerous as a result.
- Door accidents. Passenger car drivers may open their doors while in traffic or otherwise on the road for one reason or another. If they do so without properly checking for traffic in both directions, they may either hit a biker or interrupt their path of travel, causing the biker to either hit the door or swerve into a crash.
- Unsafe weather or roadway conditions. Motorcycle riding is dangerous at the best of times. If there is rain, fog, or snow, or if the road is icy or wet, motorcycle accidents are more likely to occur.
Contact a Dedicated Altamonte Springs Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been hurt or killed in a Florida motorcycle accident, you deserve compensation from the negligent parties that hurt you. Our dedicated and experienced personal injury team is ready to handle your case with care and consideration. We fight to ensure that you get justice for your harm. Call the dedicated Altamonte Springs motorcycle accident lawyer at Goldman Law, P.A. for a free consultation. Let us help you get you the damages you deserve for the injuries you have suffered.