Clermont Brain Injury Lawyer
Brain injuries are not only one of the worst types of injuries a person could suffer during an accident. They are also some of the most common. The consequences of a brain injury are long-lasting, cause immense pain and suffering, and are very expensive to treat. Accidents that cause brain injuries are commonly caused by the negligent, or careless, actions of another person. When this is the case, victims can file a claim for compensation to recover their losses. Filing these claims is challenging, particularly when you are trying to get better. A Clermont brain injury lawyer can help you through the process.
How Can a Clermont Brain Injury Lawyer Help?
If you or someone you love has suffered a brain injury, it is important that you do not file your claim on your own. The claims process is a complicated one, and even the slightest error could place the claim, and any compensation you deserve, in jeopardy. A Clermont brain injury lawyer will help in many ways, including:
- Investigate the accident to determine liability and collect evidence
- Determine which sources of compensation available
- Communicate with the negligent party and insurance company on your behalf
- Work with experts who will help prove your case so you recover maximum damages
- Represent you at trial, if necessary
What Compensation Can You Recover After a Brain Injury?
A personal injury claim is meant to compensate you for any loss you suffered as a result of the accident. Still, there are some types of compensation, legally known as damages, more commonly awarded than others. These include:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Loss of income, benefits, vacation pay, and other wages and bonuses
- Loss of earning capacity if you cannot return to the same type of work in the future
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
After reviewing the facts of your case, a lawyer will determine the full damages you are eligible for.
Brain Injury Symptoms
Brain injuries do not always present symptoms right away, so it is important to know what to look for. Each person will experience symptoms differently, but there are some common ones to watch for. These include:
- Possible loss of consciousness
- Speech issues
- Sleep disturbances
- Loss of balance or dizziness
- Blurry vision, sensory problems, or a bad taste in the mouth
- Memory issues
- Problems concentrating
Due to the fact that brain injury symptoms are sometimes very subtle, it is important to watch for any signs of concern after an accident. If you notice any of the above symptoms, seek medical treatment immediately and then speak to a lawyer who can advise on the facts of your case.
Call Our Brain Injury Lawyer in Clermont for a Free Consultation
If you or someone you love has suffered a brain injury after an accident, do not file a claim on your own. At Goldman Law, P.A., our Clermont brain injury lawyer can determine who is at fault for your injury and hold them accountable for paying the full settlement you deserve. Call us today at 407-960-1900 or fill out our online form to request a free consultation.