Clermont Personal Injury Lawyer
Accidents happen in an instant and when they do, they can have lifelong consequences. When an accident is caused by another person’s negligence, or carelessness, it is even more frustrating. Florida law allows individuals to file a personal injury claim when they are hurt in an accident caused by someone else. These claims though, are never easy. A Clermont personal injury lawyer can guide you through the process and help you claim the maximum compensation you are entitled to.
- Auto Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Brain Injury
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Truck Accidents
Personal Injury Law Practice Areas
Personal injury law is divided into many different practice areas. Our Clermont personal injury lawyer can help with many types of cases including the following:
- Auto accidents: Florida is a no-fault auto insurance state, but insurance companies are never easy to deal with. Additionally, if your injuries are very serious, you may also be able to file a claim against the negligent driver who caused your crash.
- Truck accidents: Truck accidents are a type of auto accident, but these claims vastly differ from other car crash claims. Multiple liable parties are often involved, injuries are far more serious, and they are much more complex.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcycle accidents are also significantly different from other motor vehicle accidents, largely because motorcyclists are not covered under Florida’s no-fault insurance law.
- Bicycle accidents: Cyclists do not have the same protection on the roads as motorists and so, they sustain very serious injuries when they are struck by a vehicle.
- Pedestrian accidents: Like cyclists, pedestrians are completely exposed when they have to interact with vehicle traffic. Motorists do not always give pedestrians the space and respect they deserve, which can also result in a catastrophic accident.
- Slip and fall accidents: Slip and falls can happen on either commercial or residential property. It is not always easy to determine who is liable, and injuries can be very serious.
- Wrongful death: Accidents are sometimes so serious, victims do not survive them. In these cases, family members can file a wrongful death claim to recover their losses.
If you have been hurt in any of the above types of accidents, it is important to speak to a lawyer today.
Statute of Limitations
The majority of personal injury claims in Clermont are governed by a statute of limitations, or time limit. The time limit reflects the fact that evidence is destroyed over time, and that no one deserves to have a potential lawsuit hanging over their head many years after the fact. As throughout the rest of Florida, you typically have four years from the date of the accident to file a claim. If this time limit expires, you will likely forfeit your legal right to recover any compensation at all.
Our Personal Injury Lawyer in Clermont Can Help with Your Case
If you have been hurt in an accident and someone else is to blame, our Clermont personal injury lawyer at Goldman Law, P.A. can assist with your case. Call us today at 407-960-1900 or fill out our online form to schedule a free consultation so we can review your case.