Ocoee Personal Injury Lawyer
An accident can happen anywhere, and at any time. Car accidents, slip and falls, and pedestrian accidents are just a few types of accidents that result in serious injuries every year in Ocoee, and throughout the state of Florida. If you have been hurt, it is important to note that you can hold the parties responsible for your injuries through a personal injury claim. These claims, however, are governed by many laws. An Ocoee personal injury lawyer can advise on the laws that will affect your claim, and help you through the process of claiming the damages you deserve.
- Bicycle Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Slip & Fall
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Truck Accidents
- Uninsured Driver Accidents
- Wrongful Death
Areas of Personal Injury Law
Our seasoned Ocoee personal injury lawyer can help in several different areas of the law, including:
- Car accidents: Drunk driving, texting and driving, and speeding are just a few of the ways motorists display negligence, or carelessness, on the roads. Drivers that engage in these behaviors put everyone on the road at risk of being involved in a crash.
- Bicycle accidents: Other than perhaps a helmet, cyclists do not have any protection when they are out on their bike. After being struck by a vehicle, they often fall to the ground and sustain very serious injuries.
- Pedestrian accidents: Like cyclists, pedestrians are also at great risk when they interact with motorists, as they do not even have a helmet for protection.
- Motorcycle accidents: Crashes involving motorcycles are not like other traffic accidents. Bikers are at an even greater risk of suffering serious injury when another person’s negligent actions cause a wreck.
- Slip and fall accidents: Property owners are responsible for ensuring their premises are safe for visitors to enter. When they fail to meet this duty and someone becomes hurt, victims can hold the property owner liable.
- Truck accidents: Truck accidents are some of the worst crashes on the road, causing extremely serious injuries. Truck accident cases can also involve multiple liable parties, making them extremely complex.
- Wrongful death: Sometimes, an accident is so severe the victim does not survive it. When this is the case, their loved ones can file a wrongful death claim against the negligent party.
If you have been involved in one of the above types of accidents, our personal injury lawyer can assist with your case.
Important Personal Injury Laws to Know
When filing a personal injury claim, there are two important laws to know about. The first is the statute of limitations, which is the amount of time you have to file your claim. In Florida, you generally have four years from the date of the accident to file your claim. If you do not file within that time, you will likely be barred from recovering any damages at all.
The second important law to understand is the legal theory of comparative negligence, which plays a role when more than one person contributed to the accident. Florida is a pure comparative negligence state, which means even if you were 99 percent at fault for an accident, you can still claim damages for your injuries.
Call Our Personal Injury Lawyer in Ocoee Today
If you have been injured due to the careless actions of another person, our Ocoee personal injury lawyer at Goldman Law, P.A. is here to help. Call us today at 407-960-1900 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation and to learn more about how we can help with your case.