Ocoee Truck Accident Lawyer
Almost half a million commercial truck accidents happen every year in the United States. When these massive vehicles on the road crash into passenger vehicles, the results are usually catastrophic. Every year, there are approximately 5,000 fatalities caused by truck accidents. Of those, over 97 percent of the people killed were drivers and passengers in the smaller vehicle involved. If you have been hurt, our Ocoee truck accident lawyer will represent you and fight for your rights.
Causes of Truck Accidents in Ocoee
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), truck driver negligence is ten times more likely to cause a serious truck accident than any other reason. This negligence comes in the form of:
- Drowsy driving
- Driving under the influence
- Improper lane changes
- Federal hours of service rule violation
- Distracted driving
Other acts of negligence can also cause a truck accident. These include:
- Improperly loaded cargo
- Incorrect trailer attachment
- Defective vehicle or defective vehicle parts
The cause of the crash is not always apparent right away. An Ocoee truck accident lawyer will conduct an investigation to determine how the crash occurred, so you know who to hold liable.
Liability in Ocoee Truck Accident Cases
While truck driver negligence does contribute to the majority of accidents, other parties may be found liable as well. These include:
- Trucking companies: The companies that own trucks and hire truck drivers have many responsibilities. They must inspect, repair, and maintain their entire fleet of trucks, and follow proper hiring and training practices. Trucking companies must ensure they only hire competent and experienced drivers, and they must properly train those drivers to ensure an accident does not occur.
- Inspection and maintenance companies: Trucking companies may meet their legal duty to inspect and maintain their fleet of vehicles, but the inspection or maintenance company may not perform their job properly. When that is the case, they can be held liable.
- Loading companies: Sometimes, a truck driver may unload their own cargo, but that is not always the case. Third parties are sometimes responsible for this job, and they have a legal obligation to ensure they load the cargo properly. If they do not, the cargo can shift during transport and throw off the balance of the truck. That makes it very difficult for the driver to control the vehicle, which can cause a serious accident.
- Manufacturers: Manufacturers of truck and truck equipment must ensure their products are safe and will not cause a crash. If a defective piece of equipment caused or contributed to a crash, the manufacturer is responsible.
In many cases, multiple parties are liable for a truck accident. It is crucial that you identify all negligent parties, so you claim the full settlement you deserve.
Call Our Truck Accident Lawyer in Ocoee for a Free Consultation
If you or someone you love has been hurt in a crash, our Ocoee truck accident lawyer at Goldman Law, P.A. can provide the sound legal advice you need. Call us today at 407-960-1900 or fill out our online form to schedule a free consultation with our experienced attorney.