Altamonte Springs Car Accident Lawyer
A car crash can change your life. You can find yourself suddenly without a mode of transportation, seriously injured, looking at significant time in the hospital or otherwise away from work while also dealing with mounting medical bills, lost wages, and other unexpected expenses. A serious car accident can lead to the disability or death of a loved one. After a severe Florida car crash, you may not know what to do next. The dedicated and compassionate car accident lawyer at Goldman Law, P.A., is here to help.
At Goldman Law, we know just how devastating and disorienting a car accident can be, and we are ready to take the burden of figuring out what to do next off your shoulders so that you can focus on your recovery. We will investigate your claims, build your case, negotiate with insurance companies, identify responsible parties, and fight your case in court and across the table in settlement negotiations. We will work to ensure that you get the medical care you need and that you do not go bankrupt in the process. Our Altamonte Springs car accident lawyer offers free consultations on car accident matters. Let us fight for your rights and your recovery.
What Causes Car Accidents?
There are a variety of factors that lead to any given car accident. Many accidents result from a variety of factors, but most accidents should have been avoidable. Most accidents result from the negligent or reckless actions of at least one driver or another party involved. If you were injured in a car accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you have the right to recover for any injuries you suffer as a result.
According to federal and state safety experts, the most common factors leading to car accidents in Florida include the following:
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Drunk and drugged driving remains one of the leading causes of injury and death on Florida roadways. Thousands of people are killed across the country each year by drunk drivers, and hundreds of thousands more are injured. If anyone gets behind the wheel of a car while they are intoxicated, they are behaving recklessly and with a disregard for the possible catastrophic consequences of their actions.
- Drowsy driving. Driving while drowsy can be just as dangerous as driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. If a driver has not had sufficient sleep, their reaction times are slowed, their vision may be blurred, and their cognitive abilities are impaired. Experts suggest that being awake for 18 hours has the same effect as a blood alcohol content of 0.05%, and being awake for at least 24 hours is the equivalent of having a BAC of 0.10%, higher than the legal limit for driving. Commercial drivers, especially long-haul truckers, are at high risk of driving drowsy and causing a catastrophic accident as a result.
- Distracted driving. Even as states take measures to reduce the incidence of drunk driving, and rideshare services like Uber and Lyft cut down on the perceived need for many people to get behind the wheel while impaired, a new menace on the road has taken over: driving while texting, emailing, or otherwise distracted. Taking the time to read and/or respond to a text message can take your eyes off the road for multiple seconds in a row, during which time you can cover the distance of a football field or more without even seeing what’s in front of you. Texting while driving is now perceived as one of the biggest dangers on Florida roadways, yet most drivers admit to having done so themselves.
- Speeding and other aggressive driving tactics. We have traffic safety laws for a reason. Speeding, ignoring the flow of traffic, failing to adjust for weather conditions or roadways hazards, or making aggressive maneuvers such as passing on the shoulder or splitting lanes can all lead to a serious or fatal car crash.
- Manufacturer defect. Not all accidents are caused by the actions of one of the drivers involved. Auto manufacturers are constantly issuing recalls for vehicles that have problems that could easily lead to an accident or make one significantly worse, such as ignition lock issues, engine failures, and problems with safety mechanisms such as seatbelts or airbags. A recent study found that one in six Uber and Lyft drivers are actively operating with cars that have been subject to safety recalls, which the drivers have ignored. If an accident results from a design or manufacturing defect, you may have a claim against the manufacturer as well as anyone else who knew of the defect and allowed the car to continue operating on Florida roadways.
Regardless of the specific factors that led to your accident, so long as it was caused by the negligence or recklessness of another party, you have the right to recover for the harm you have suffered. Florida personal injury lawyer Sarah Goldman Geise has years of experience recovering damages for clients like you, fighting to ensure that you are not left with the bill after a crash.
Get Help from a Dedicated Altamonte Springs Auto Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been hurt or killed in a Florida car crash, you have the right to recover from the parties that hurt you. Our compassionate and talented personal injury team is ready to handle your case with care, consideration, and zeal. We do not rest until you get justice for your harm. Call the dedicated Altamonte Springs car crash lawyer at Goldman Law, P.A. to get the damages you deserve for the injuries you have suffered. Reach out today for a free consultation.