Altamonte Springs Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
In Florida, recovering after a pedestrian accident can be a difficult and complicated affair. You may find yourself with claims involving multiple parties, including insurance companies, negligent drivers, and even city officials if the negligent design of an intersection played a contributing role in the crash. The dedicated and knowledgeable Altamonte Springs pedestrian accident lawyer at Goldman Law, P.A., is here to shoulder the burden for you so that you can focus on recovering from your injuries and getting your life back in order.
Florida personal injury attorney Sarah Goldman Geise has years of experience handling personal injury lawsuits. With more than a decade of experience representing insurance companies and now personal injury plaintiffs, Goldman Law, P.A. is uniquely suited to represent your interests after a pedestrian accident in Altamonte Springs or throughout Central Florida. Goldman Law, P.A. will investigate your accident for you, building the strongest case possible to maximize your recovery and hold all appropriate parties responsible for the injuries you have suffered.
Common Types of Pedestrian Accidents
It is plainly obvious that an accident involving a driver on one side and an unprotected individual on the other is likely to cause serious harm to the pedestrian. The pedestrian is likely to experience serious injury from the moment of impact, as well as additional damage such as scrapes and burns from the street as well as head trauma from striking the road during the incident. All pedestrian accidents are thus dangerous, but some of the more common types of pedestrian accidents include:
- Passing accidents. A hurried driver who passes a bus or other stopped vehicle while unable to see if there are any pedestrians crossing is likely to cause serious injury.
- Dart-out accidents. These occur when a pedestrian unexpectedly darts out into the middle of the road and the driver lacks sufficient time to react. This may be the fault of the pedestrian or may happen when a pedestrian appropriately enters a crosswalk but the driver’s view of the crosswalk was obscured, and they fail to take appropriate care when driving.
- Automobile turn or merge accidents. Pedestrian accidents may occur when a driver is focused on merging or making a turn and fails to see a pedestrian while checking for other cars.
- Back-up accidents. Back-up accidents occur in parking lots, driveways, or other places where a driver backs up over a pedestrian walking or standing behind the vehicle.
- Intersection accident. These accidents occur when a pedestrian tries to cross a busy intersection without the protection of a walk signal or other traffic control device.
- Vendor or commercial vehicle accidents. When a driver sees a vendor such as an ice cream or food truck, or a bus or commercial vehicle picking up and dropping off passengers, they must be on the lookout for children or other individuals unexpectedly entering the road.
Hit-and-Run Accidents in Florida
A hit-and-run accident occurs when a driver is involved in an accident and chooses to flee the scene rather than stopping and providing contact and insurance information as required by Florida law. The majority of hit-and-run accidents involve only property damage, but many involve injury to a pedestrian, bicyclist, or other driver. When a driver hits a pedestrian and leaves without stopping, they are creating an even greater danger to the pedestrian by delaying necessary medical treatment. Florida, unfortunately, has one of the highest per-capita rates of fatal hit-and-run crashes. In 2016, for example, there were 206 people killed in Florida in fatal hit-and-run crashes. In the ten years between 2006 and 2016, there were 1,814 hit-and-run crashes in the state that involved at least one death. Researchers nationwide have established that 65 percent of the people killed in hit-and-run accidents are pedestrians or bicyclists.
Tracking down a driver who fled the scene is a difficult affair, but a dedicated Altamonte Springs pedestrian accident lawyer can help you conduct a thorough investigation. The compassionate and zealous personal injury lawyer at Goldman Law, P.A. will work with you to collect any available evidence, work with the police to identify the culprit, and fight to ensure that the insurance companies do not leave you dealing with your medical bills while the search for the true culprit continues.
Help After Your Altamonte Springs Pedestrian Accident
If you or a loved one has been hurt or killed in a Florida pedestrian accident, you deserve compensation from the negligent parties that hurt you. The seasoned and effective personal injury team at Goldman Law, P.A., will bring its years of experience to bear in pursuing justice on your behalf. Reach out to our Altamonte Springs pedestrian accident lawyer for a free consultation today. We fight for you, and we do not rest until you have the compensation you deserve for the harm you have suffered.