Maitland Personal Injury Lawyer
Sarah Goldman Geise has more than a decade of experience fielding personal injury matters from both sides of the case. Before dedicating herself to recovering just compensation for accident victims, she spent years defending insurance companies. Goldman Law, P.A. brings that combined experience to bear in pursuing claims for personal injury victims in Maitland and throughout Central Florida.
Goldman Law, P.A. will handle your case from day one, dealing with insurance companies, filing claims, identifying responsible parties, collecting evidence, interviewing witnesses, negotiating with defense attorneys, and fighting your case through trial and beyond as necessary. We will work with you, tailoring our representation to your case and circumstances to provide you with the best legal services available and maximize your eventual recovery. Let our Maitland personal injury lawyer shoulder the burden of your legal issues so that you can focus on your recovery, your family, and getting your life back on track after a serious injury.
Serving Clients Across a Wide Range of Areas
Our seasoned Florida personal injury lawyer at Goldman Law, P.A. has years of experience representing clients across a wide range of personal injury practice areas. We have recovered millions of dollars for clients who were injured by the negligence of others. Reach out to our dedicated personal injury law firm if you have claims relating to any of the following:
- Pedestrian Accidents – We help clients who were struck by cars, trucks, motorcycles, or encountered other accidents while exercising their right to cross the street or walk on sidewalks or Florida roadways.
- Trucking Accidents – Overworked truckers, unsafe trucking companies, and negligent truck manufacturers pose a significant danger to everyone else on Florida roadways, and trucking accidents are very often catastrophic. If you or a family member were hurt by an eighteen-wheeler, a tractor-trailer, or any large commercial truck, Goldman Law, P.A. can help.
- Bicycle Accidents – Bicycle riders, like pedestrians, have the right to operate on Florida roadways. If you were hurt while riding your bicycle in Central Florida, Goldman Law, P.A. will fight to make sure you are compensated.
- Automobile Accidents – Thousands of people are injured or killed on Florida streets every day as a result of drunk, drowsy, distracted, or otherwise unsafe drivers. We represent drivers who were hurt in wrecks caused by drivers operating negligently.
- Defective Products – If you were injured by a malfunctioning piece of equipment at work or by a home appliance or other consumer goods, you have the right to recover.
- Spinal Cord and Brain Injury – Spinal cord injury and traumatic brain injury are two of the most common, and most dangerous, injuries individuals sustain in car crashes and other types of accidents. If you suffer from a spinal cord or brain injury, you deserve compensation for your hardship.
- Medical Malpractice – We represent clients who were hurt by surgical errors, misdiagnosis, delayed diagnosis, or any other form of medical negligence.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Motorcycles may be a fun and fuel-efficient alternative to driving a passenger car, but riding a motorcycle can be a dangerous proposition. If you were hurt while riding your motorcycle, or if a negligent motorcycle rider struck you, Goldman Law, P.A. is prepared to hear your claims.
- Wrongful Death – If your loved one was killed in a traffic accident or otherwise as a result of someone’s negligence, Goldman Law, P.A. will fight for your family. No amount of money can replace a lost family member, but the parties responsible should be held liable for their actions.
- Dangerous Drugs – Pharmaceutical companies who put dangerous drugs on the market or who hide or downplay the side effects of their drugs cannot be allowed to continue without repaying individuals who are harmed by their dangerous drugs.
- Slip/Trip and Falls – Building owners, store operators, home and apartment owners and renters, and anyone else who invites you onto their property owes you a duty of care to keep their premises safe for your visit. If they shirk that duty and you are injured as a result, you have a right to compensation.
Personal Injury FAQs
If you have been hurt in an accident, understanding your legal rights and responsibilities are vital to ensuring that you are compensated for your injuries. Below, we answer some of the more frequently asked questions from clients. Reach out to the knowledgeable personal injury attorney at Goldman Law, P.A., with any additional questions or for help after an accident or injury.
What Should I Do First After a Car Accident?
There are important steps to take after a traffic accident to ensure that your medical bills and other expenses will be covered, and your ability to seek damages will be preserved. After any Florida accident, you should, at a minimum, do the following:
- Stop at the scene and call 911
- If you were seriously hurt, go to the hospital
- Exchange contact, vehicle, and insurance information with the other driver(s) involved
- Take photos
- Collect contact information from any witnesses
- See a doctor as soon as possible after leaving the scene
- Keep copies of every document and communication related to the accident
- Call a Florida car accident lawyer
Do I Need a Lawyer After an Accident or Other Personal Injury?
You can technically handle most legal matters on your own. However, a qualified personal injury lawyer has dedicated their career to helping people like you jump through all the correct legal hoops, avoid making any mistakes that might limit your coverage, and ensure that all of your rights are preserved. Dealing with insurance companies, identifying parties responsible for injuring you, filing legal claims, etc., can be difficult and complex procedures. After an accident, you should be focused on recovering from your injuries and getting your life back on track. Your personal injury attorney is there to help you get the coverage and compensation you deserve.
How Much Does an Attorney Cost?
Different attorneys charge different amounts depending on the market, the type of claim, and the services provided. Some attorneys charge by the hour, some by task, and others charge only a “contingency fee,” meaning they earn a portion of the damages they win for you in the legal matter (and if you do not recover anything, neither does your attorney). Discuss fee structure with any attorney you consult on your personal injury matter.
Does Insurance cover Bicycle and Pedestrian Accidents?
Generally, both your insurance and the at-fault driver’s insurance should cover at least some of your expenses if you are hit while riding your bike or walking as a pedestrian.
Can I Sue Someone After a Car Accident?
Florida has what is known as a “no-fault” insurance scheme for auto accidents. Under Florida law, each driver is required to carry their own minimum level of insurance. After an accident, your insurance company will cover the majority of your medical bills and lost wages. The remainder should be covered by the insurance company of the at-fault driver, provided you were not responsible for the accident.
If you wish to get outside the no-fault system and sue the at-fault driver for additional damages, you need to prove that you suffered a “serious injury.” Serious injuries are those that lead to permanent loss of a bodily function, significant scarring or disfigurement, another serious permanent injury, or death.
What Are Punitive Damages?
The damages you will typically recover in a personal injury case are known as “compensatory damages.” These damages are meant to compensate you for your harm and, as best as possible, put you back where you were before the accident, or at least repay you for your injuries. Punitive damages operate differently: They are specifically meant to punish the person who hurt you.
Punitive damages are additional damages on top of the amount necessary to compensate you for your injuries. They are reserved for situations where a person’s conduct was so reckless, malicious, or egregious that the law prefers to punish that person in order to deter future people from acting in that way. Punitive damages are available in cases involving intentional misconduct or “gross negligence.” If someone deliberately drives into a crowd of people, for example, anyone hit is likely to be able to recover punitive damages. The typical car accident, on the other hand, is unlikely to merit a punitive damages award.
Call For Help From a Dedicated Personal Injury Law Firm
If you’ve been injured as a result of someone else’s negligence in the Greater Orlando Area, our compassionate and effective personal injury team is ready to pursue your claims with dedication and focus. Our priority is to ensure that you get justice and compensation for the harm you and your family have suffered. Call Goldman Law, P.A. for a free consultation and let us see how we can help you with your personal injury claim. Contact our office at 407-960-1900 for a free consultation.