Winter Garden Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Whether you walk around Central Florida for fun, exercise, or part of your commute, you know that pedestrians are at risk of serious injuries in accidents involving motorized vehicles. Fortunately, state laws provide victims with legal options, and you may qualify to recover compensation for your losses. Our team at Goldman Law, P.A. is dedicated to helping you pursue the at-fault driver and get your life back, so please contact us to schedule a case evaluation with a Winter Garden pedestrian accident lawyer right away.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Crashes in Florida
While there may be specific underlying reasons a driver strikes a person on foot, these incidents are typically the result of negligence. In the practice of law, negligence is a theory of liability that requires you to prove that the at-fault motorist failed to exercise reasonable care while driving. For instance, a driver may be negligent by:
- Failure to yield right of way to a pedestrian in a crosswalk or sidewalk;
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- Making improper lane changes;
- Texting, talking on the phone, or related use of an electronic communications device;
- Other forms of distracted driving, such as eating, adjusting the radio, or using a GPS
Tips for Pedestrian Accident Victims
The chaos and confusion of a crash can leave you wondering what to do, especially when you are in considerable pain because of your injuries. Some To-Do’s should help you get through the difficult aftermath of a pedestrian accident:
- Get proper medical care right away, whether you visit the emergency room, an urgent care center, or your primary care physician.
- Exchange contact information with all involved road users.
- Never admit fault.
- Avoid conversations about how you think the accident happened.
- If contacted by an insurance company, decline to provide statements or answer questions until you consult with a lawyer.
How an Attorney Can Help with Your Claim
By following these tips, you protect your health and your rights. Plus, you also support the efforts of Goldman Law, P.A. as we take on the various tasks associated with the legal process. It is our goal to ensure you receive full compensation for your medical costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses. You can rely on our Winter Garden pedestrian accidents lawyers to:
- Conduct an investigation to prove fault by the negligent driver;
- Gather evidence, including medical records and information from the scene;
- Submit all claims forms and evidence to the insurance company;
- Negotiate with the insurer to work out a fair settlement agreement; and
- Take your case to court if the insurance company refuses to pay.
Count on a Winter Garden Pedestrian Accidents Lawyer to Advise You
If you were hurt or lost a loved one in a traffic crash, retaining skilled legal counsel should be a top priority. For additional details on our legal services, please contact Goldman Law, P.A. to speak to a member of our team. We can set up a no-cost consultation with a Winter Garden pedestrian accidents lawyer who will assist with the process.