Winter Garden Auto Accident Lawyer
Motor vehicle collisions put all Florida motorists at risk of serious injuries, but these incidents are unfortunately a common threat when drivers do not exercise care behind the wheel. The losses for victims can be substantial, so trust our team at Goldman Law, P.A. for help with the legal process. You may qualify to recover compensation, and we are ready to take on all essential tasks. Please contact us today to schedule a no-cost consultation with a Winter Garden auto accident lawyer.
Liability in Florida Motor Vehicle Accident Claims
Though the underlying causes may vary, car collisions happen because of driver carelessness. In the practice of law, the concept of liability is negligence. To recover compensation, you must prove that the crash happened because the at-fault motorist failed to drive safely. Examples of driver negligence include:
- Speeding and driving too fast for conditions;
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Failure to yield right of way;
- Running red lights and stop signs;
- Texting, talking on the phone, and surfing the internet while behind the wheel; and
- Other forms of distracted driving, such as eating, adjusting the radio, and interacting with a GPS.
Damages for Auto Crash Victims
Compensation in a car accident claim is based upon the physical, financial, and emotional losses a victim sustains. On the one hand, there are costs for medical care, missing work, and out-of-pocket expenses related to treatment. However, a victim also suffers significant losses that are personal and subjective. You may also qualify to recover monetary damages for pain and suffering, emotional distress, and scarring and disfigurement.
What to do After a Traffic Collision
At Goldman Law, P.A., our first step to getting the compensation you deserve will be filing a claim with the at-fault motorist’s insurance company. We work aggressively to get a fair settlement, but our team will take your case to court if necessary to protect your rights. Our Winter Garden auto accidents lawyers are ready to take on all important tasks, and you can support our efforts by following a few To-Do’s:
- Based upon the severity of your injuries, seek appropriate medical care at the ER, urgent care facility, or your primary care physician.
- Exchange contact and insurance information with other motorists as required by Florida law.
- Avoid discussing fault or how you think the car crash happened.
- Grab your cell phone camera to capture video and images of the scene.
- If contacted by an insurance company, decline to answer questions or provide a statement.
- Never allow your conversation with an insurer employee to be recorded.
- Always refuse to sign any release of rights or other documentation in exchange for a settlement payment.
A Winter Garden Auto Accidents Lawyer Will Guide You Through the Process
Knowing what to do after a car collision is important, but you can trust our team at Goldman Law, P.A. to tackle all aspects of the legal process. Please contact our firm today to set up a free case review with a Winter Garden auto accidents lawyer. We provide personalized details about your claim after assessing your circumstances.