Winter Garden Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
There is nothing quite like enjoying the open road on your motorcycle, but riders in Florida are at an extreme risk of injuries or fatalities when sharing the road with negligent motorists. Your life could be turned around if you are involved in a motorcycle crash, so it is a comfort to know that you have legal remedies for recovering monetary damages. Goldman Law, P.A. will guide you through the process to ensure you receive fair compensation for your losses. Please contact us to set up a free case evaluation with a Winter Garden motorcycle accident lawyer right away.
How Liability Works in Florida Motorcycle Collision Cases
Like most other traffic crashes, motorcycle accidents are usually the result of driver negligence. The term means more than mere carelessness in the practice of law, since there are four essential elements you must prove to recover monetary damages:
- The other motorist owed a duty to exercise reasonable care behind the wheel;
- That person breached the duty of care by failing to drive safely;
- The breach of duty was the direct cause of the motorcycle collision; and
- You suffered losses as a result of being hurt.
Challenges with Motorcycle Accident Claims
The legal process after a crash starts with filing a claim with the at-fault motorist’s insurance company, but you must sue in court if the insurer will not settle. There are some pitfalls that are common in motorcycle accident cases:
- Insurance companies are for-profit businesses that look out for their own financial interests, not yours. They often deny claims or counter with lowball offers to settle.
- Under Florida’s comparative fault law, monetary damages are reduced when victims are negligent in causing their own injuries.
- There is a time restriction for motorcycle crash claims. The Florida statute of limitations is four years, and you are barred from seeking compensation if you do not file a lawsuit before it expires.
Examples of negligence include speeding, making improper lane changes, disobeying traffic controls, and many others. With motorcycle crashes, drivers may not see the rider and often fail to yield right of way.
Monetary Damages for Motorcycle Crash Victims
Whether we are negotiating with the insurer or in court, Goldman Law, P.A. will strive to obtain the full amount of compensation you are entitled to by law. Our Winter Garden motorcycle accidents lawyers will seek:
- Economic damages, covering your medical costs, lost wages, and out-of-pocket expenses for treatment; and
- Noneconomic damages, which are the personal, subjective losses you sustain. You may qualify to recover amounts for pain and suffering, emotional distress, scarring and disfigurement, and other losses that impact your quality of life.
A Winter Garden Motorcycle Crash Lawyer Will Protect Your Rights
Hurdles in the legal process can affect your rights as the victim of a motorcycle collision, but you can count on Goldman Law, P.A. to advocate on your behalf. Please contact our firm to schedule a no-cost consultation. A Winter Garden motorcycle accidents lawyer can explain next steps after reviewing your situation.